Real Estate Litigation
SLG represents individuals faced with real estate issues, including partnership disputes and related securities questions. Real estate syndications may present issues relating to registration and exemption rules governing sale of securities, anti-solicitation restrictions, and fraud and disclosure requirements. SLG's wide experience with real estate, securities, and partnership disputes provides our clients with a very real advantage in addressing matters that do not fall neatly into any one legal category.
In addition, given the continuing nature of real estate projects, conventional litigation strategies may be ineffective or counter-productive. SLG identifies core interests and develops practical solutions to support our clients’ needs, including their relationships with investors, regulators, and even adversaries.Representative Cases:
- Representation of real estate funds in SEC investigation of alleged misrepresentation and misuse of investor funds.
- Representation of real estate developer in connection with California Department of Corporations investigation of securities solicitation and disclosure issues.
- Enforcement of real estate partnership agreements governing property valued in excess of $5 Million (JAMS Arbitration).
- Defense of real estate investment issuers against California Department of Corporations lawsuit alleging violation of State law governing registration and sale of securities (State Court).
- Defense of City College of San Francisco in dispute over compatibility of Chinatown/North Beach Campus design with local historical preservation requirements (State Court).
- Defense of City College of San Francisco in CEQA challenge to siting of proposed Chinatown/North Beach Campus (State Court).